Tuesday 3 May 2011

Creative Mindset

Boundless Creative Curiosity is what first led me to know Art. A place, where I can best express, and experience the world, in a way that is, the most Freeing
There, nothing limits what can be achieved. Its not based on limitations, and not bound by lack. Instead, this freedom allows ideas, intuition, and emotional journeys to form into creative fountains. To overflow where they may, quenching as they go, and coloured by the many moods, which carry them thousands of miles. To ones own, sense of Place, and to anothers own sense of Purpose. Finally to arrive at a sense of Peace. And to know everything's gonna be ok.

As a child growing up, I'm grateful to have known that freedom and understood it. That magic key to expression, unlocking an inquisitve mind into creative possibilities, with a chance to make things happen, when all else around served to control, conform, discipline, manage and maintain. It was the only thing which helped to preserve my spirit, stayed flexible and true, offered endless solace, kept me enthused, and guided me with hope, that all will be well. And at 13 years of age, I became an entrepreneur. A small achievement, I'll always be proud of. And it happened because I believed I could,  I trusted in the creative process, and delivered on my vision !

What inspired me, as a youngster, to create what I did, and to always think 'oustside the box' was because I looked at the world around me with a view to changing what I could, and understood clearly that it was very possible to accomplish that change. By keeping an open mind and staying tuned to the flow of a pure creative frequency, it allows for all things to become possible. Its much like being in a meditative state, or zone, in order to tap in to that source. Once you channel that vibe, there quite literally becomes nothing that you can't achieve. Its very awesome, and a great blessing.


As an adult, I am more inspired by the future, both in my art and in my music. And incorporate some motifs and designs within my work as acknowledgement of my cultural heritage. The music I play, and compose, is inspired by emotional experience, and is played on the accoustic or electric guitar. And a perfect example of not limiting what can be achieved, through creativity, is this: I taught myself an original piece of classical piano, having never played piano or had prior lessons ever in my life. Just sheer belief and determination, that it could be done, allowed for it to happen.


"My Random Original Piano Composition" Take a Look!

This, way of being, has extended into other areas of interest including general : Design, Fashion Design, Costume Construction, Hand-crafted Jewellery, Music & Lyric Composition, Poetry, Philosophy, Sculpture, Landscaping, Invention, and Business. There are links on this page to 2 projects I'm also working on, 'Stoneline Creations', and 'Michaneo Designs'. This is just a small indication of the huge influence creativity has, and how fully engaging it can be.

Also, Creativity principles are valuable elements to apply in any business setting. Not only do they share a similar dynamic essence, but they are also compatible in core areas of function. Where Creativity seeks to express and manifest itself, so too, does Business. Also, business exists, to serve a greater purpose, of ultimate connection to others. This is true of Creativity, as well. And, in the right environment and circumstance, both the growth of either, is limitless.

The difference between Creativity and traditional Business is that, one is decisive and structured, and, the other is flexible and free-flowing. But, when you merge these elements together, you will likely end up with a highly energized, motivated, loyal and dynamic team of focused, creative business minds, whose production rate is 'off the charts' because the environment is an ideal hub of equal elemental balance. What a fantastic place to look forward to !

And so, in summary, keeping an open mind is a great way to start, in the process of creating. Ideas begin to inflow better when theres no mental traffic, to distract. Strong belief, also plays a crucial role, in making something entirely possible. Always visualise the desired outcome, then, make the steps happen, to move you forward, to connect sooner, with that future. It really is that simple.

I guess thats why kids make such great little creative inventors. Because their minds are still free enough with vivid imagination !


I hope this has been helpful.




Please, feel free to check out my Artwork in MICHANEO DESIGNS gallery :)

And theres also a Gallery for 'STONELINE CREATIONS' prints, posters, postcards, framed work, prints on canvass, and many more features. Feel free to check it out. READ NEXT POST::>>> ** I M A G I N E **  

No comments:

Post a Comment